Electronic Data Interchange (EDI)
Axis TMS Software is Fully Integrated with Epicor EDI
Currently, transportation, logistics, and load brokers are adapting their systems to cater to their EDI translator. Some trading partners expect EDI to be utilized when beginning a business relationship. EDI has become a key to success for business continuity, while providing immense benefits to both partners utilizing EDI.
AXIS TMS Facilitates the EDI Process Flow with the Power of Epicor
When engaging in EDI within the Transportation and Logistics industry, you will see the below B2B exchange of EDI documents for the complete lifecycle of a Motor Carrier Load Tender to the final documents Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice and Functional Acknowledgment.
Axis TMS Software is Fully Integrated with Epicor EDI for Efficient Transportation Management
Transportation, logistics, and load brokers are rapidly adapting their systems to cater to their EDI translator to comply with their trading partners’ expectations. EDI has become crucial for business continuity and success by providing numerous benefits to both parties. To streamline the transportation management system and eliminate irregularities like illegible handwriting or various forms of human error, the use of electronic data interchange (EDI) is prevalent in the logistics industry.
Axis TMS provides a seamless EDI process flow by integrating with Epicor EDI, enabling B2B exchange of EDI documents for the complete lifecycle of a Motor Carrier Load Tender to the final documents Motor Carrier Freight Details and Invoice and Functional Acknowledgment. By establishing a secure and reliable peer-to-peer connection to transmit data from physical documents, EDI standardizes the data processing into an electronic format. With its capability to send a large volume of information at once, EDI aids SQL integration with legacy systems.
In contrast to manual-based and time-consuming data entry, EDI’s efficiency and capability are unmatched. While EDI’s diversity is limited based on timings rather than real-time information, it still remains heavily used within the logistics industry. Implementing EDI integrations with Axis TMS will streamline communication and optimize order processing, leading to improved business performance.
- Automation A key advantage in the transportation industry for routine high-volume communications is EDI automation. Automating the exchange of EDI documentation between trading partners with your EDI translator gives other departments, like IT and accounting, more time to focus on other productive and profitable tasks and provide overall higher quality service.
- Quicker Turnaround Achieve decreased turnaround times between your vendors, suppliers, and trading partners by utilizing your EDI translator and having access to all transactions in one interface.
- Real-Time Reporting Improved control of load requests, responses and status updates in real-time. All transactions are displayed in your dashboard and are visible at all times. Keeping you ahead of any errors or issues that may arise, and providing immediate visibility into shipment status.
- Standardized FormatsYour organization will be able to standardize the electronic formats for exchange rather than needing to manage different manual systems for invoices, load requests, load request responses, and status updates.
- Scalable and Flexible SolutionsEDI offers the scalability and flexibility to grow with your business that you may not have when using other B2B communication methods.
- System IntegrationEDI will also provide back-office system integration to your most valuable ERP and WMS systems, creating business continuity throughout important departments of your organization.
- Manual Error ReductionEDI also relieves dispatchers from needing to provide manual intervention for the documents communicated. This results in saving time and reducing costs, while eliminating manual entry errors.
- Seamless CommunicationFor transportation and logistics companies who use EDI, they can seamlessly and digitally communicate with all members of the supply chain process flow. This improves trading partner relationships and creates business continuity.